Hi everyone (:
I hope you are having a great week! I’ve had a fun start to the week – I applied to a bunch of job positions this past weekend, mostly in medical device sales. Working in research makes me crave social interaction, I want to work with people every day! I also love the health care setting and the idea that your pay is based off your performance. Word on the street has it that it’s a mostly work from home job, too. Which would be sweet! Like working in my PJ’s with coffee in hand (right now we can’t even bring coffee into the lab in the AM), WHERE DO I SIGN UP?! I’m ready.
This meant updating my Linked in profile, resume, and cover letter – gahh being a big girl stinks sometimes!! Does anyone have any tips for creating a stand-out Linked In profile? I updated all of my activites and involvements and used a new profile image. But I sort of feel like it’s just a repeat of my resume! I would be open to any suggestions to add fresh ideas into my Linked In.
But the waiting is the hardest part I think. I’m tapping my fingers, anxiously checking my e-mail for a response. It’s only been 2 days but C’MON!
Okay, I’ll keep you updated!
I’ve had to find ways to distract myself. Don’t worry, recipe creating never fails! I’ve got a summery fresh break-y idea for you! Don’t get bored with breakfast, get bold (cheesy sorry)!
So like, if it didn’t occur to you, there are three steps here (;
You might feel like, woah, is this an acai bowl?! Is this oatmeal?! Is this a smoothie?! Well, it’s sort of a grand combination of the three, self created (:
I’ll get started and put you out of your confusion! Here’s what to do:
Place 1/2 cup organic old fashioned oats in a microwavable bowl. Add water & cook on high for 2 minutes. This will form the base of your bowl, set aside.
The contents of your blender..
To create this blend, place the following in your blender:
- 1 frozen packet of blender ready Acai berry (I got mine at Health Hut, microwave for about 30 seconds before opening and placing contents in blender). Here is what the packet I got looks like:
- 1 pre-shaken water bottle+Fruits & Veggies 2Go twist tube (or a berry flavored juice, vitamin water, or water bottle+crystal light packet). Here is what the twist tubes are like that I used (mixed berry flavor):
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I recommend going full-fat version to help slow the blood sugar spike from any sugar in the Acai or prunes, which in itself is a small amount – but it’s always smart to pair a fat with any high-glycemic index foods like sugars and starches).
- 2 unsweetened/unprocessed prunes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
*Feel free to add protein powder for an extra protein boost!*
Blend all the ingredients until smooth & pour the contents atop your cooked oatmeal!
..All sorts of nummy toppings!
Sprinkle, shake, top it off girllll! I decided to sprinkle my bowl with unsweetened coconut shreddies and raw organic cacao nibs, what will you top your bowl with??
It’s as easy as A, B, C 1-2-3 (ACAI)!! Oat, pour & sprinkle your little heart out!
Ready to give it a try? Print this bad boy to get started!
Love you, Mean it, Ciao <3