This week I said hello to Spring and ALOHA to Tropical Treats!
What the heck am I talking about?
Mango Ice Cream. Yup.
If you’re looking for something spring-y, sweet and tropical to shake up your boring dessert routines, well I’ve done the pleasure of taste-testing this recipe for you (Don’t feel too bad for me). I give it an A+ for simple, affordable, timely, nutritious and refreshingly delicious!
4 1/2 cups diced frozen mango
1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
3 Tablespoons sugar (I left this out)
Food processor (or blender)
Here’s what to do:
1) Place half of the mango and yogurt into your food processor.
2) Process on high, wiping the sides frequently, until mostly smooth.
3) Add in second half of ingredients plus the sugar.
4) Repeat step 2 above until at desired smoothness.
5) Enjoy immediately, or freeze for 2-4 hours for improved consistency.
I found this recipe in Living Well Magazine. Enjoy this simple twist on one of my favorite tropical treats!
Love you, Mean it, Ciao <3