A flavorful, nutritious, winter soup. Perfect for cold nights, a light lunch, or dinner side. Pack it to go, or sip it fireside – you decide!
Tuscan Chicken Soup
Cook time: 1 hour
Yields 12 servings (1 cup/serving); 109 cal/serving
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium bullion
- 3/4 lb baked chicken breast
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini (about 1 med)
- 1 can (15 oz) no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix (or oregano)
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
To begin, place chopped vegetables in microwave-safe bowl and cover with water. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Pour olive oil in large soup crock and add chopped onions. Sauté over medium heat for 5-7 minutes; add garlic and sauté another 3 minutes. Add steamed vegetables and bay leaf and sauté another 3 minutes. Add water and bullion, mix well.
Add in chicken, tomatoes, zucchini, beans, and artichoke. Simmer 30 minutes. Add spices; simmer another 5 minutes.
Enjoy! Stores well in freezer if needed.
For more Winter Power soups, check out the source here.
Love you, mean it, ciao <3